Monday, January 26, 2009

A wonderful Blog

Just found Ginger of, http://primitivesbythelightofthemoon.blogspot.com/, other blog.Its wonderful! http://millstoneoftheheart.blogspot.com/ I loved the writing about her sister but the one about her dad was the best.My daddy died when I was 3 of tb he got while in Germany in WW 2. My step daddy died when I was 22..I loved him dearly.Was the only daddy I knew.He was a farmer and very quiet assuming man.Loved being outside working on the Land , even if it was just riding his old beat up tractor.LOL.He loved that old thing.Farmed 300 acres with an old crank start John Deere.I remember during the winter when we got bad snow storms he would ride that old thing up and down the road pulling people out of ditches...never would take any money that was offered, just did it to help.I sure miss him he was never one for mushiness, i guess you would say but we still knew he loved us.He showed it in so many ways.One way I will never forget when he said he would protect us from someone that wnated to hurt me and my sisters.I will never forget that.I hope everyone has or had a daddy like mine.They might not say much or understand everything about "todays kid" but you knew without him saying anything that he loved you...

2 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Wow, it sounds like you could have been describing my daddy, too.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

A very touching story. It is such a blessing to have memories of those so dear to us.
:)Ginger