Friday, October 30, 2009

Blessed to be here

Hi everyone.well its been a long month and I feel blessed to still be here...
I went to er with an abcessed tooth to get some antibiotics..
the dr put me on 2 kinds,,,well by fri morn the whole said of my face was swelled and i even had alarge pocket of infection at the base of my throat the size of an egg,,,{going to tell you up front my typing is worse tha usual} My oldest daughter danelle caem over and adn said we are going to hosp ..glad she did casue the dr told my hubby another 12 hrs adn i ould have had to have a trach put in...the infection spread like wildfire overnight .I had to be transferred by ambulance from CMC to CMC Unviversity casue that is where they have thier oral surgeons...by 1am i was in surgery...they pulled 2 teeth and cleaned out that they could uput in a drain tube and had to put me in ventitlator as my windpipe was swelling. and also a tube into my stomach..not sure they they did that...my family said they were feeding me something that looked like ensure...I was heavily sedated the 4 days...my family said I would write on a clipboard but i don't remember it...and they has me restrained as to not pull out tubes...they tried on sun to take out tube adn i still could not breath so he told my hubby if he took it out i would have to have a trach aso he would try on mon...mon it came out after a couple trys...i guess they had to take out feeding tube first as it was getting hung up on it...they say i have a kink in my windpipe and very hard to intubate...I knew that from previous surgerys and carry altter from a dr stating such in case of emergency...well late teus I put in step dwon care adn the the dr came in sadi i was doing so well I would get to go home wed if I passed the swallow test,,,,had alwready had a couple of them...so i did but stilll am on a pureee diet am not allowed to chew or use a straw and cannot opne my mouth all way...still have swelling but its going dwon alittl each day and the scar will be min on ym face below my jaw,,,i had lots of people praying for me...i know in OHIO my nehpews church called 6 people in to pray together wile I was in surgery adn my church and friends were praying also...and my family was with me through the whole thing...
the past yr it seem its been on thing after another wiht ym honey sick a lot adn my health problems and trying to move but ia m still blessed....the lord said he would not put on us more than we can bear...he must think i have really big shoulders...lol...but he gets me through each trial adn I am better for it....I still feel so drugged...i cannot walk a straight line if I tried...lol...my system hangs onto drugs like that for ever it seems....this time its never been this bad but I guess its because i was so sedated those few days...verset and morphine...whew...what a cocktail...
I am just now starting to feel my back hurt again...casue it never stops hurting but this week...no pain till this morn when i woke up...so i know the meds are now srartgin to leave my body....lol
I wnated yp thanks all lof you gals that have signed up for my giveaway....and keep siging up...its not far off....and wait till you see the cute sled i am doing for my giveaway after this one,,
hugs to all my internet friends adn keep praying for Momma B....
I appreciate all sales as now I have to have a lot of dental work done to keep this from happening again and I don not have dental ins...

8 comments:

mommynoodles said...

OMGoodness!! I couldn't believe what I was reading.All that and what could have happen,over what seems to start out small! We just never know,do we?! Thank "GOD",one more time for pulling you through! There is def. power in prayer!!! I'm a strong believer in that!!! I watched him heal my daughter!! Get some rest and hope you feel all better soon!! Have a "BLESSED" weekend!

Natalie,

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear what you went through. My prayers are with you and please get plenty of rest.

Willow

Jessica said...

wow! so glad you are okay! that is very scary. will keep you in my prayers!

Traci Paynter said...

OH MY GOSH!!! How awful - you poor thing! But what a trooper that you can see the blessings.
Having pain and problems with your teeth is horrible - I've ben what you've been through - not the extent you had - but having an infection in your jaw/mouth affects your entire being. I will soooooo be praying for you sweetie - for quick healing and restful nights. Hang in there. Know I'm thinkin' of ya!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hope you are feeling better and thank goodness your daughter knew to get you to the hospital on time!
Rondell

Nancy M. said...

Oh my goodness! That is so scary that something like that got so major so quickly! I am thankful that you are okay! I'm praying for you!

Tins and Treasures said...

Wow, what a week it has been for you. I am so glad to know you are on the road to recovery.

Happy November...Enjoy your extra hour today ~Natalie

prashant said...

My prayers are with you and please get plenty of rest.

Work from home